Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's official...

My sweet little person inside of me has a name. Justus Aaron Knizley. Here's your story and we're sticking to it...

I tried and tried to find something unique and interesting in the baby name book with no luck. Hundreds of names and none of them stuck with me. So, I started thinking of names of people I knew...people that meant a lot to me...if not unique, I wanted this baby to have a special namesake. Well, the man that I have admired most in my life, besides my dad and husband (who is already giving his name as the baby's middle name, as is tradition in his family) is Justin. Yes, you, Justin. I tried to call you and tell you first, but you happen to be moving today, so you get to read about it :-) I suggested the name to Aaron as something meaningful (though I still think we were looking for unique, as well...no offense). I didn't push it though, because it will be his first son, and I want the name to be meaningful to him as well. Well, here is meaningful for a man...he was watching an intro for the new American Gladiators and one of the gladiator's names is Justice. That stuck for him. He had already wanted (unbeknowst to me) a name ending in "us" ....like Marcus (something greek sounding). Haha. What was funny, was that I had already thought of that name too because it was given as the Biblical variation of Justin in the baby book, but I didn't think he would like it. I didn't ever remember reading it in the Bible though, so I looked it up. There are three references...two in Acts (1:23; 18:7) and one in Colossians (4:11), which is my favorite. Starting in verse 10..."Aristarchus, my fellow prisoner, sends you his greetings; and also Barnabas cousin Mark (about whom you received instructions; if he comes to you, welcome him); and also Jesus who is called Justus; these are the only fellow workers for the kingdom of God who are from the circumcision, and they have proved to be an encouragement to me."
Plus, because of Aaron's Political Science major, and his desire to go into law enforcement, etc...it reminds me of him too....an upright God fearing man who is, and proves every day to be, my hero. So there you go. I think it is tradition anyway, for me to pick a name I like and then for Aaron to change it. I picked Alora, he changed it to Aloria. I picked Justin, he changed it to Justus. So, little, Justus, when you grow up, I will tell you about one of my most faithful and respected of friends for which you were named and the unique touch your daddy added to it, to make it meaningful for the both of us. ...and while I pray for you to grow into your own uniquely special you, I also pray that you grow to be both the most faithful of friends, and the most upright of men. We love you!

5 comments:

Justin Bodeutsch said...

I can't wait to meet the little guy. Hopefully before too long!

thesticklergirl said...

I love that his initials are JAK :)

Emily said...

I really like that name! And, I'm sure it will fit him perfectly! I love it that it's a name that you and Aaron both "made" so that you both liked it and it has a lot of meaning! Well, done!

jacquelyn said...

i also like that name. that is funny that his initials will be jak.... that is one of my many nic names (=

Nessie said...

I hadn't thought of that. It's like we named it after both of you...haha :-)
Nessie