Tuesday, April 15, 2008

31 Weeks...7 months

I had my last monthly Dr. appointment yesterday...I will now be going in every two weeks for the next month, and then will be going every one week until I deliver. How crazy is that?! I can't believe I am already here. "Here," to clarify, is where I am when things start to move both very fast and very slow. Appointments come more frequently, nesting urges intensify, last minute baby showers may happen (in my case I'll be having on April 27 via my mother in law), and labor/delivery will seem way to close for comfort...or assured discomfort, as the case may be. At the same time, life will continue to go on as before only I will continue to get larger and more uncomfortable. I may waddle more, limp more, pee more and sleep less...and labor/delivery will seem more like freedom from bondage and an eternity of waiting for the other end of the tunnel to appear, especially when your honking your horn and holding your breath in anticipation of getting there. So there you have it.
As far as my appointment went, everything is going splendidly :-) My blood pressure is good, Justus' hear rate is steller, and I am gaining wait at a steady pace (bleh). I am 141 lbs ...6 lbs shy of my delivery wait with Aloria, but as I talked about before, I started out more this time (115 lbs), so I really just need to be okay with it. ...and really I must be, because for all of my whining, it hasn't stopped me from eating what I want.
My hips haven't been hurting too much...in fact, I rarely notice it at now. I haven't been doing my exercises...mostly because I forget to do them with all of the stuff that's been going on with the house and going back and forth from here to there and back again...but I have been moving plenty, which may be a help, and a friend said that the estrogen that loosens you up tends to taper off a little towards the end, so I may just be standing a little more sturdier these days too. Who knows?! ...and either way, I am mucho greatful!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! i'm so glad your hips got better! A few weeks ago when I could have been preggers I could handle thinking about having another baby, even having it in a hospital, and giving everything i like to do for pregnancy again, but I just couldn't handle the thought of my hips hurting for 6 months strait again. I'm just so happy yours got better:)

boys tend to be bigger too right? so you might not be much heavier, it might just be justus that's fatter. ALSO I have to warn you against eating sugar. I blame Sunshine's chubbs entirely on my eating so much sugar in my 3rd trimester. If I had to do it over again I'd go back to the rediculously healthy diet I stayed on with Vinnie. Aspartame (equal and most diet sodas) is safe (well, for the baby, not so safe for you) because the placenta filters it out, so if you really need some sweets you could eat something sugar-free, just make sure it's aspartame and not sucrulose (splenda and most sugar free syrups at coffee shops) because they're finding out some really scary things about it and it goes strait into the poor fetus.

You DON'T want an 11 pounder. Trust me.