...Okay, so I thought Justus was already two months old because it had been 8 weeks, but technically, he wasn't two months old until the 19th. Makes sense, but I'm so used to counting in weeks now, that I forget to go by the day of the month:-)
So, he just had his two month check up. It was his last visit to his pediatrician in Grand Junction! ...for sad. I really really liked him!!! Justus is 23 3/4 inches long and 13 lbs 5 oz.
He has been able to fit into #2 diapers since he was a month old (the newborns only lasted for only a couple of weeks, I think)... though I tried to keep him in #1's for a little while longer (for every size up, you pay more for less), but once he started peeing out of them, I had no choice but to switch.
He had his first cold this past week. His nose has been stuffy, which is the worst, I think, because then they don't sleep well...which means you don't sleep well. ...and really, it's just terrible to watch them suffer because they can't breath well. And who likes the dreaded nose sucker?!!!! The first time Aloria saw me use it on him, later that day, she brought it over and wanted to do it also (to him, not herself...she hates it too!). Of course, I told her she wasn't allowed to use it on him...but now when she watches me do it, it makes her gag. I think it grosses her out. She will have a little drive heave and then say, "All done!" Of course, Justus is crying throughout the whole procedure, so she's probably wondering what/why I'm doing it to him anyway...so I try not to do it in front of her, poor thing.
Anyway, nights have been a little difficult, but not as bad as they could be. I brought his swing into our bedroom and he swung to sleep most nights...thus keeping him upright and the movement keeping his breathing passages open longer. Downside: he had to get used to sleeping in his cradle, flat on his back again, in a more open space during the nights, and now during the days he doesn't like the swing anymore because he thinks it means he has to go to sleep (I'm guessing, because he used to like it before he got sick). I'm not too worried though...I learned with Aloria that things come in waves. What he doens't like now, he'll like in a week and then won't again. So, I'll be moving the swing back into the kitchen, and soon enough he'll be entertained by it again (I hope, haha).
He's a pretty strong little guy too...he can lift his head up pretty far when on his tummy and when he's sitting on my lap, he can pull himself away from me for a second or two. He hasn't rolled over yet. I told him that all the baby's were doing it (I even told him about Corban :-), but he doesn't seem to care, haha. Actually, I don't think I've given him much of a chance. With another toddler to watch, he's usually contained in one way or another in one position so I can handle both kids, and so Aloria can't get at him while my back is turned (not that she's tried much). She does like to bend over him and yell "hi" in his face, or take his hand and wave it. She means well, but she could still hurt him on accident, so I keep an eye on their interactions. Today, I put a pillow in a diaper box, ran a belt through the hand hole and let her pull him through the house. It was only half way entertaining for her, as she wanted to be pulled herself :-) If my parents are reading this, don't worry, I was right there following along incase he would have accidently toppled over rounding a curve, haha. No worries though. Aloria lost interest somewhere between the living room and the kitchen. Basically, she pulled him about three feet and then I had to coax her to pull him back again because I wanted to get it on film :-) ...I wish I had put it on my camera to show you, but it's on tape. Below is a video of Justus and I having a little conversation :-) Okay, I talked, he stared at the camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He is such a cutie! I hope he is feeling better and that no one else gets sick... its always harder when its the whole family that isn't feeling well. Happy 2nd month Justus!
I can't believe he's 2 months old already! What a cutie pie!
Post a Comment