Justus is growing up right before my eyes! I can hardly take it, and am ashamed to say that I actually would consider keeping him little...a little longer if I could. He has been such a joy...his little personality is so precious. He's cuddly and snuggly, smiley, and good natured. ...such a sweetie! He still nurses every three hours or so, so it is easy for me to still see him as my "baby," but not so much if I just stop and look at him. He's huge! I stopped nursing Aloria at 7 months or so (her decision, not mine) and so nursing this long is a new experience for me. Frankly, I love it. He's such a good nurser...not easily distracted as Aloria was. Eating is all business and he takes his job very seriously, haha. Anyway, I have been thinking about weaning him, and the thought makes me sad. My mom nursed me until I was about 17 months...so I know there is time to make this decision, but in all reality, it is just around the corner. He never did that well with baby food...never really liked it (his sister and him both had that in common)...and has only recently decided he likes the food that we eat. Sooo, I have given up baby food altogether and have stuck to nursing primarily and giving him some of whatever is on my plate. He has already started to master the fork and the spoon already! I was really surprised. Perhaps it is completely the normal time for that, and I just don't remember when Aloria did, but I'm impressed anyhow. He doesn't always get it, but he can feed himself yogurt and apple sauce, and even skewer banana and bits of waffle with the fork. How cool is that?! ...the little genius! It's a mother's perogative to think their own child is a genius, and so I take it. What else...he is walking around now holding on to a walker, he can stand for a moments on his own...Aloria thinks the standing game is hilarious. She says, "make him stand make him stand!" and then laughs when he falls down. Of course, he's not huring himself and he laughs right along with her. He's been drinking from a cup for a while when we hold it to his mouth and we have just started letting him drink himself...it's hilarious! He practically drowns himself as he pours half the contents in his mouth and up his nose. He gasps, laughs, and then takes another "sip." Of course he soaks himself, but it's darn cute :-) He likes Baby Einstein, thank the Lord. No really, thank the Lord. Those moments where both my children are occupied by funny looking puppets on the tv, so I can get something done are a gift from God!
There are so many other things...he has started pointing to everything, he knows the sign for more (for a while now), he has said up and ball, besides momma and dadda, but only once and refuses to say them again. I could go on and on, but I have to fold clothes and get my kids out of my parents guest room, where they are fast asleep, and back to our apartment (where we have no washer and dryer). Yes yes, we are those kind of children...the ones you just can't get to fully "move out." ...we may leave, but somehow our laundry is always around. haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oh gosh you are right! he is sweet and cuddly!
i totally know what you mean, valen is the same way! and he is two years old now ): he is getting so big so fast and wont be a baby much longer... i mean he isnt a baby but i still call him my baby!
gwen
Post a Comment