Wednesday, January 30, 2008

On the move!

I have been feeling better now for some time, in regards to morning sickness...and I have a theory about why it has been so bad. Altitude! Whenever I am in AZ, I feel better then when I am here. I felt practically 100% great (besides being actually sick), and the day we got back, I started feeling queezy again, even though I am well into my 4th month. Aaron says that makes sense because people who get altitude sickness throw up...unless they start drinking enough water. So, I have been trying to do that whenever I start feeling uneasy, and I think that it is working.

I have noticed that I am much more hungry this time around...maybe it's because I am home and not working and so I notice more. For whatever reason though, I eat about every two or three hours...so about 5 to 6 smaller meals a day instead of three. I'll eat breakfast at 7:30ish, an apple (alternating slices with cheese and peanut butter...so good!) at 10ish, lunch at noonish, and then another snack at about 3, and then dinner...and then usually a snack before bed. If I don't do this, I still feel a little nausious...but that's okay, I've heard that six small meals can be good for you instead of really big meals anyway. I had a difficult time keeping up on my calories when I was nursing the first time, so maybe this habit will help with that too :-)

Speaking of nursing...here's a wierd thought. I stopped nursing Aloria at 7 months...do you think that could have put a hitch in our "bonding" experience, and thus made her less cuddly? Hmmm. I've been wondering that, but then again, she never wanted to be held before bed even at a month old...so maybe not. Maybe it is just her personality. I wonder what this little guys personality will be. I've heard that a lot of little boys are very cuddly and go through a whole, "I want to marry mommy" phase. Wow, won't that be a change. I can't wait to see the difference in their temperments. Speaking of temperments, I am reading an pretty interesting book about having a Spirit filled temperment...but I'll blog about that on my blog later. Back to Muffin!

We still haven't thought of any names yet...I mean, not really. We're toying around with one, but it'll probably change, so not worth mentioning. Feel free to throw some out there for us. I'm anxious to name him, for sure, because I loved bonding with Aloria in that way...just having a name picked out made me feel so close to her. ...and I'm feeling him move around a lot more now...little kicks here and there...I love it! So I hope we find a name for him soon.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't think that you not nursing Aloria after 7 months affected your bonding. Maddox isn't cuddly at all, either, and I'm still nursing him twice a day. There are moments of cuddliness, but not at all like I expected him to be. I think it really just depends upon the child.