Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It went well...until it didn't.

I went to my scheduled appointment... and since my thoughts are too muddled at the moment, here are the facts.

I am "a good" 3 cm.
Cervix is very very soft.
Dr. asked if I wanted to induce tonight and I said that I did... "my" plans seemed to be going very well.
Dr. left the room to reserve a delivery "suite/room" at the hospital.
Dr. came back in the room to tell me that the hospital was booked until Friday at 6:00am.
Hmmmm...what happens if I go into labor on my own, you ask? They make room, I suppose...but if all rooms are reserved he cannot "electively" put me into labor.
This is where things stopped going as planned.
So, unless something happens on it's own...I have a room with my name on it (so to speak) Friday at 6:00am.

The only clear thoughts that I am having at the moment...
#1 Justus' birthday will be one day before Aloria's...the 20th. They'll probably hate me for that, but it's not as if I didn't try to spread that out a little.
#2 I'm scared because Dr. Robbins said that he guesses Justus is already at Aloria's birth weight...8lbs-ish.
#3 I'm considering an epideral
#4 I may be falling into a pre-pardum depression... so I suppose if everything goes alright, it'll be out of my system and I'll be on cloud nine, or at least 8.
#5 I won't bother to blog again until after something actually happens, and so am planning on finishing up some projects with my mom while I have the chance....reupholstering Aloria's rocking chair, finishing more on Aaron's quilt, cutting his hair, and finishing the laundry.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awe, shucks! I'm sorry that things didn't go the way you hoped! You could try a bottle of caster oil and make them just make way for you! LOL That Justus is a stubborn one, eh? Well, I suppose he'll be here by Friday! Or maybe Saturday. But, I really hope your labors not that long!