Tuesday, June 17, 2008

If I have it my way!

My parents successfully made the trip from AZ to CO on Saturday, happily making it before their grandchild had a chance to arrive. There has been little action in the way of baby labor, which I am disappointed about, but plenty of time to relax, which I covet just as much these days :-). Aloria loves her nana (who she now calls Nani...which is what I call my grandma) and grandad, and so I have had plenty of help taking care of her... which is always a blessing.

Anyway, back to the expectations of the day. I have a Dr.'s appointment at 2:30pm, and since my due date was yesterday...these are my thoughts. I was dialated to 2 cm at my last appointment and at 80%...I assume that after that long day of "action," that I am at least dialated another cm or effaced all the way (this is my prayer). Soooo, if either of these things are true, when I see the Dr. today, I am going to ask him if he would consider breaking my water and getting things started today...ahhhhh! What am I doing?! If he won't break my water, I am still going to ask him if he will induce me today anyway, if he doesn't feel there are any risk factors involved. It seems to me that my body is very good at getting started with things but not finishing...much like my personality, ironically enough... hmmmm, who knew it carried over! My Dr. won't let his patients go over a week past due before he induces, and so why not just get it over with now, while Justus is smaller...I have reached full term so I wouldn't think there would be any problems. I didn't really want to be induced, but if things keep happening the way they have, it's inevitable...just 6 more days prolonged. My mom had two c-sections, but both were scheduled during the week of her due date and she never went into labor or started contractions either time. I wonder if there could be something genetic about that?

Keep in mind, this is all "if I have it my way." I haven't seen my Dr. yet and have know idea what he will say about any of this.
I do want to make sure that I'm not doing this just for convenience sake...though it would be incredibly convenient! By the time they would induce and things started happening, Aaron would be off of work and able to come to the hospital without missing any hours today. He would come back to the house to get my dad and Aloria...drop her off at our friends house and then join my mom and I at the hospital. Then my parents would still be here for a week or so, which not only would help me out with Justus, but with helping Aloria with the transition, I think. We could wait until the weekend for her actual birthday instead of moving it up, so I should have time to recooperate to be up and around even more. I'm so scared/excited/unready/couldn't be more ready! Please pray that I make the right decision and that the Lord leads the Dr.'s advice and that I listen to it.

No comments: