Thursday, October 30, 2008

4 months +

I just love watching Justus grow... Each new thing he does is so special. And even though I've experienced all of these baby developement steps before with Aloria, they just don't get old. When he rolled over I was just as excited at his success as I had been for hers. He is his own little person, and everything he does, no matter how small, just gives me the greatest joy! So without further adieu, Justus has started chewing on his tongue and pulling his feet towards his mouth :-) I totally forgot the chewing on your tongue stage. It is the cutest thing ever, watching that little tongue hang out as he knaws at it and tries to smile at me at the same time :-) !!! ...and when I lay him down, and his little body folds in half as he grabs his feet...rolling him sideways. Break a heart! I'm going to miss moments like these. How can something so small seem so monumental?! I'm so grateful that the Lord has set in us this joy for our children and their accomplishments. Perhaps now, even as adults, our smallest step in the right direction...towards perfection in Christ, gives the Lord this emmense pleasure. Perhaps every right and good decision we make in following after His will and heart stirs His with joy... When Aloria first starting saying "yes," it was so great to hear that we would purposefully ask her questions just to hear her say it in her cute little way. "Do you want a banana?" "Yes!" "Do you want to play blocks?" "Yes!" I need to remember these moments in their growth as I continue to go throw my own spiritual growth. From the Lord, "Do you trust me enough to follow My direction?" I think that is where we are going...in life I mean. Isn't that what all of our tests and trials are for...to learn to trust him. Spiritually speaking, I hope that the terrible twos are behind me in my walk with Him, and that my answer will more and more always be "YES!" ...I want to bring that same joy to my heavenly Father, that my children bring to me!

P.S. I think Justus is cutting a tooth. I can feel a little something trying to break through on the bottom gum... He was fussing a little, so I thought I would check. Fussing is actually a very unusual thing for him...it occurs to me that he has gone days in a row without ever crying. He might whine a little to let me know that he's done doing what he's doing, and "cry out" in the night to be fed...but actual crying (with tears) or bouts of constant crying, they rarely ever happen. Thank you Jesus for such a sweet baby. He loves everything...baths, getting dressed, being on his tummy, the dogs...getting his diaper changed. He gives us the biggest smile for that one. Maybe it has something to do with him being a boy...I'm just say'n!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Sorry I couldn't make it over there to see you all... I'm so bummed.
It sounds like you have an awesome little boy, Caleb hated diaper changes and Leland tolerates it I think.May God bless your family even more!

Anonymous said...

Have I told you lately that you have such a way with words... and stories. I feel that I am being called to trust in a way that I wasn't expecting, and tonight at church I just heard so clearly "I love you and have only GOOD things ahead, NEW ways to help you trust me more!". God is so good to teach us so patiently!

I'm glad you have a sweet little guy too - I am constantly reminded how blessed we have been with our easy-going, happy little man.

XXOOXX
Molly

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome that he is so content! im sure you need that!! i just cant get enough of either one of my kids, so i hear ya! everyday i laugh and smile at the same stuff... it never gets old!!
how are you gdoing? how is the job hunt??
love you
gwen