Dear Justus,
There are two important dates to record, and so before I forget them...
First, is October 11th you finally rolled over from tummy to back. Hurray! You've got quite the body mass to flip, so I don't blame you for taking your time :-) You've done it twice since then.
Second, is today :-) We put you in the crib for the first time. You are sleeping in Aloria's room as we speak. You have been very sick for the last two days...you caught a cold from me and can't breath well at all. Lastnight, I was up with you for the first half of the night rocking you, and your dad for the second. You sound so pathetic, and I absolutely hate seeing you suffer, but as I've been through this sort of thing before with your sister...I haven't panicked (sp?). I just go through the motions, cuddling you and trying to make you as comfortable as possible until you get better. You are still stuffy, but able to sleep on your side tonight and not propped up in your car seat or swing...and since I have a crib wedge to keep you still a little elevated, that is where you are. I walked into my room, and realized I could turn on the light and not worry about waking you up. I had such a thrill of excitement go through me, that I realized moving you into your own room has been long over due. It will be difficult for me not to have you near me...but you are right next door, so not at all far. You may wake up your sister, but she'll adjust. Life seems to be full of adjustments. I'll still miss you, though... and though I am happy for my space, I already feel the separation and am having an overwhelming urge to snuggle. ...okay maybe it's just "whelming."
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i remember valens first night in the other room, i kept waking up thinking i heard him and would go in there randomly in the night.... sometimes i wish i could sleep right next to him again(=but i am sure not to far away he will be wanting to sleep with me just like dahlia does now....
we miss you!
gwen
Post a Comment