Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Contractions...oh for fun!
So on Monday, I started having some regular contractions again...three minutes apart for four hours...and on the low end of painful. Aaron and I didn't do anything to bring them on, so I really thought maybe something was going to happen. They started around 8:30 pm (the day Molly deliver, ironically enough...maybe I was having sympathy pangs :-) and around midnight, Aaron and I decided to pray about what to do, since I didn't want to go in for false labor again...and I had a 3:30pm appointment the next day get checked, anyway. I was nervous about waiting too long, but Aaron said that if my contractions got stronger they would probably wake me up and then we could decide then. It was a good plan. I slept hard and didn't wake up once until morning. I was still having contractions, though I didn't bother to time them. My mother in law came over to watch Aloria so I could go on a walk. I took Ivy, our dog, and she dragged me at a pace I wouldn't have chosen for myself, but it felt good to get out. We walked for about 35 minutes and then after we came back, I noticed that my contractions had actually tapered off instead of getting worse. Exciting and disappointing at the same time. Later, we went in for my scheduled appointment and am happy to report that I am at 2 cm and 50% effaced! It could still be awhile, or it could be that my next bout of contractions does the trick...who knows?! ...and knowing this actually makes me feel more patient. Like, maybe I should just relax while I can, knowing it's not that unlikely I could have Justus early, and do I really want that ...but I am just happy to know that all of this discomfort has actually been doing something! It can get really discouraging after a while...it's emotionally very up and down when you think something is going to happen and then it doesn't. Anyway, I am still two weeks from my due date, but the Dr. doesn't seem concerned, and so I will just trust in the Lord's timing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment