Marlene arrived and we walked around the block 3 times...took us about an hour or so. The whole time the contractions were three minutes apart and strong! I called Aaron right before we got back and asked him to make me a hot bath to see what that would do. They went from three to five min. ...while I was in, he made me oatmeal, and then once I was out and eating, they went to four minutes. I was exhausted from not getting any sleep though, so I went to lay down......and they stopped! Literally, nothing! All night long (if I slept I can't remember it) they were painful enough to keep me awake...grrrrrr!
Lastnight, Aaron and I had gone down town for the first day of Farmers' Market with Aloria and walked around for a couple of hours...that coupled with walking this morning have made me legs up around my hips pretty sore. In fact, my whole pelvic area is very sore...and I'm pretty sure that though my labor didn't last, that it did something productive in the way of getting things even more ready to happen. Anyway, exhausted and sore, Marlene stayed until 9:30am to watch Aloria so I could sleep (which I did...very deeply too I might add :-) It felt good), and then after she left Aaron watched her until I got up and then went to work at 11 am. Now it's 12:30 and Aloria will be going down for a nap at 1:00...and then I will too. I still have some more sleep to catch up on.
Perhaps my body doesn't know it's supposed to keep progressing once it starts. I will have to figure out a way of letting it know not to stop the next time :-) ...but on a brighter note, ironically enough this was Aloria's original due date two years ago (Friday the 13th). I didn't want her to be born on Friday the 13th then, and I don't really want Justus to be born on this day either... I'm not superstitious! ...but I just don't like the idea of it. The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well you still have a couple hours left of the day. =) But maybe you will make it until your parents come out! I know your mom really wants to be there. I was waiting by my phone all day tho to get a call!!!! Anyway, something in the mail for you and then a card for Aaron too!!! Prayin for you sis!!!
Sorry, sweetie! I hope they start back up again soon!
I'll pray that the next time they hit you like that - it will be the REAL thing!! I'm sure that is super frustrating to keep getting your hopes up like that AND wearing you out like that!
Love ya
Were sitting on pins and needles and want to know what's going on!!! (But your probably busy because hopefully mom and dad got in!!)
Post a Comment